Hair Extension Care Tips
Are you having trouble with your hair extensions tangling, knotting or drying out? Here is a few tips that can save you precious time with getting ready in the morning & time between visits to your hair extension specialist.
- Treat your extension hair gently! like your natural hair, extensions are extremely sensitive to heat, chemicals, moisture and combing. It is best to practice treating your hair as a child’s, combing, washing, and heating should be done with extreme care and sensitivity.
- Comb your hair every night gently to remove any tangles and knots. It is best to use a looped brush which are specifically designed for hair extension care. This process should also be done before shampooing your extensions.
- Try braiding your extension hair at night before you sleep. This tends to prevent most tangling and knots. Also it gives your hair a bonus wave style in the morning after you undo the braid. This tip might add a minute or two to your bedtime routine but it can save you precious minutes in the morning and prevent the dreaded bad hair day.
- Use a mild conditioning shampoo and gently apply to your roots in a soft horizontal motion working your way from root to end. Take your time during this process, it can save your hair from knotting during your drying process.
- Apply a mild leave in conditioner and comb through gently with a wide tooth comb.
- Never go to bed with wet extension hair! this can severely damage and tangle your hair. It is best to let your hair air dry while combing through gently with a wide tooth comb. If you are in a crunch for time, use a blow dryer on low to prevent excessive heat & curling of the hair.
- Using a low friction hair cap or satin / silk sheets can prevent tangling as well. Considering how much time you spend sleeping it is worth the extra money to have premium pillow cases. This can greatly increase the life of your hair extensions and decrease morning preparation time.
- Use alcohol free styling & care products and preferably something that is lite and will wash out easily. This will prevent dryness and buildup at the root of the extensions and help stop tangling from occurring.
- If you don’t have ionic or ceramic heat styling tools get some now! Metal based tools can overheat, tear and do a variety of damage to your hair extensions. If using heated styling tools start at a lower heat to see if the desired look can be achieved. Excessive heating can reduce the life of your human hair extensions dramatically.
- Remember, your hair extensions have undergone extensive chemical treatments and coloring before they are installed to ensure color locking & condition. Consult with your local Orange County Hair Color Specialist before considering changing the color of your hair, results can vary depending on your extensions original natural color, style and chemical treatments.
LUMARIN hopes that these styling tips will help you preserve the quality of your human hair extensions. If you have any questions or concerns with your current hair extensions and are considering switching to LUMARIN Hair Extensions in Orange County please contact Kenneth Brown Salons to schedule your appointment.
Orange County Hair Extensions – LUMARIN®
28121 Crown Valley Parkway
laguna Niguel CA, 92677